Friday, August 05, 2005


The tea was, as usual fantastic but by the time I finished, it started raining heavily. I had to wait there for more than 20 minutes before the rain tapered down to the enchanting drizzle it has been since this morning.

This was the place a friend visited last year. It' s an ancient fort of the maratha kings, built some 300 years ago, situated somewhere in the heartland of Maharashtra. This place reminds me of another beautiful place in my native which I'd visit every summer until 5 years ago. It looked something similar to this picture, the only difference being you stand on the tip of that cliff and as you look out, what you see is not the valley bathed in mist but a vast expanse of the arabian sea, with the crystal blue of a clear sky on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment