Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A moment in time, yet beyond....

It's as though I'm sitting on a rock in wilderness, close to a stream, listening to the chirping birds around me, looking up at the clear blue expanse.

The evening breeze is slight but noticeable. There's no other human soul in this vast park. All the other volunteers have long gone home--unusual on a second sunday. More unusual is that I've found an hour in the evening to take a stroll here, book in hand, not rushing home or finding a place for Meditations or getting engaged in one work or the other.

The mini-waterfall that's only a step away creates a fantastic melody. I lean back against the railing and close my eyes. For a moment nothing matters. My knee still hurts from last week's injury but now, strangely it doesn't bother. For a moment time stands still. I want to stay here forever, never to return to the race, to the humdrum, to the challenge.
In the busyness of life back home, when I'm frustrated at things not happening the way I want them to, in all struggles, failures and small victories, beneath all the stress-tension-self loathing I'm used to--- maybe I'm seeking this state of mind, this peace, this purity. I know this ends soon, in a matter of moments but I want to savour every bit as long as it lasts.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what it must be like when even meditation seems like a chore.I always thought that was to find inner peace.

    ps: I hope your knee feels better.
    pps: I am now at http://medocuk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edu...It's interesting how things can be interpreted differently. Maybe it's because, 'meditations' is mentioned between rushing home and getting engaged in some work.

    About inner peace--maybe in the beginning. Meditations go beyond that.

    My knee's fine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete