Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Back home...

…from the northern tip of India, Jammu, where I’d to attend the wedding of my sister-in-law. And when you leave a place, roam a bit and return, the same old place appears new, appears enchanting and welcoming. The 'prodigal son' comes to mind--the one who roams and returns has gained depth and maturity than the one who has stayed. Things like right and wrong might have little value in the long run, in the larger scheme of things.

I also return to blogging after a month long gap--the longest vacation in my short stint at blogging. I find newer things to write about, a new vigour to share things, and a hell a lot of ideas. Curiously enough, I find that I could've done more with blogging than just record my experiences.

This past-time activity will now be a more serious venture-- a platform to exchange important ideas, to find things that can help me and others, to find inspiration and motivation for growth from across the virtual world and share it here, to participate actively in discussions that truly matter, to link to awesome sites and blogs-- and of course to continue to record my observations of everyday living and reflect on what I experience.

That's a tall order but, as the saying goes, 'To dream small is a crime'. In the words of my team leader--'As in cricket, if you aim for a win you'll at least draw, but if you aim for a draw you'll end up losing.'

Let me set my sights high, so that I make the most of this wonderful new platform.

6 comments:

  1. well, well!

    Look what the kitty dragged in!

    :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...yeah. Especially since they were two of them----Jen and jassen, I mean, Salt and pepper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have returned to blogging: I have missed you. Yes, set your sights high! As the lines in the song from the musical South Pacific go: "If you ain't gotta dream, how you gonna have a dream come true."

    I agree, Vishwa: Returning home after an absence is like finding things you have misplaced or encountering an old friend you've not seen in years. It's newness is amazing. The prodigal son is an apt parable; however, you were absent from home not for self-pleasure but to celebrate the joy of another person. That's a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nick. Blogging is a positive addiction, and I hope it stays so amidst occasional escapades.
    My prayers go to your mother. I wish her speedy recovery and comfort :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Vishwa. Are you doing OK?

    ReplyDelete